Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Zucchini and Crookneck Squash

Be forewarned..... if you are my friend you won't give me any of these squashes. Or, for that matter, any other kind right now. Or, recipes for said squashes.

When the patch of squash started producing in our garden back about two weeks ago or, so, I was excited. Very excited and enchanted by having such good food to eat. Readily available and lots of it. Being almost vegetarian it was almost exciting to have such a bounty for our table.

I am no longer of that frame of mind. I am already tired of having to think up different ways to eat the stuff. Or, having a bunch of friends sending me recipes or, recipe sites on the internet.

When it first arrived I was sauteing it with a bit of garlic and some S&P. And, that was it. It was so very fresh and so very good. Then came the more refined and longer cooking times recipes. All very good and very good for you. But, I can't take it anymore.

I am dehydrating it, freezing it and almost conversing with it as it is around so much. This has got to stop. But, I don't think it will for awhile yet.

I know... I know.... I shouldn't be bitching cause when winter rolls around and we have all this bright beautiful goodness packed and stored away.... I will be happy. But, for now..... well for now I am not.

And, this too shall pass.

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

yes, it will pass, but yep, zook can get old this time of year. we are not big fans of the green veg and so the plants (that Martha puts in and then goes to Italy for weeks) just grow their enormous fruits!!

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive