• Open your house to the breeze after sunset and leave it open until dawn. Place a fan in the window to suck the cooler air inside.
• In the early morning, draw the shades before the temperature starts to rise.
• To feel cooler, eat cooler. Reduce your protein intake and increase fluids.
• Avoid hot, caffeinated beverages, which are dehydrating.
Too much sun? To ease a sunburn, here are a few home remedies:
• For a mild sunburn, apply cider vinegar, witch hazel, or cold peppermint tea.
• Bathe a sunburned face in buttermilk. It’s great for the complexion, too.
• Add some black or green tea to your bathwater to soothe sunburned skin. Or pat sunburned skin with wet tea bags.
• Wear a hat! The wider the brim the better!