Monday, July 26, 2010

My Canning Day Yesterday












I took the time yesterday to teach DH the basics of canning.
The busy looking picture was of some of the ingredients which went into the jars.
Then the second picture is what came out of the pressure canner and water bath canner.
And, the last picture is my all time favorite.... Claussen style refrigerator pickles.
But, will have to wait on those as they mature into their full fledged goodness.
More and more filled jars are making their way to the shelves.
But, guess what? I need more shelves now. What I have are almost filled to capacity.
My friend, Lisa, is donating some shelves she doesn't need any longer.
Payment to her is a couple of filled jars.
Should I give her some Claussen clones?

No comments:

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive