Monday, June 21, 2010

I Took the Weekend Off


Hi all. I have been lackadaisical about posting these past couple of days. I thought I would take a break and just relax without having to worry about blogging.

I rec'd from a generous person some free Brandywine red tomato seedlings. Only problem was I didn't have any large plant pots. (I have run out of room in the square foot boxes.) So I got to thinking what in heck could I use.

As I was cleaning out my drawers for our semi-yearly donation to the Sally Ann, I realized I had 3 pairs of jeans shorts. Denim is pretty rugged fabric and these had hardly any wear in them. Hmm... what to do?

I tied off the legs with some garden twine and filled them with earth and added some compost. Then I transplanted the baby tomato seedlings into the mix and added some mulch. Nice planters, eh? Oh and that is my soaker squirt gun on the table.

I'll keep you up to date on how these planters are working out.

No comments:

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive