Sunday, June 27, 2010

Canning Weekend

My canning shelves were starting to look a bit empty so I had to take things in hand and get busy.


Here in pictures is some of the things I got finished up this weekend.

That glorious orange colored jar of goodness is pickled watermelon rind. Those small brown colored disks are the 20 plus dehydrated bananas I did that were on sale. Last but, not least are the lovely strawberries I picked. I did them whole in a simple syrup for snacking on this winter.

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Looks good, Cita. I have never canned in my life. I can see my mom and my dad's mom canning peaches, tomatoes, pickles.... the list goes on, but I have never been in a position to learn to can or to really have any desire to learn. Might be one of those things I need to do; time will tell. thinking of you as I pick berries!!

Yesterday there was a robin eating from my blueberry bush and squirrels in the strawberry plants. Ravens black streak from branch to branch aboard the mahogany trees. Hope to see bees in the purple clover scattered thruout the grass.

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive