Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Surprise, surprise, surprise. I wrongly in another post said I had started marigolds. I didn't. They were actually morning glories and that is what most of these beautiful little seedlings are.
The varieties are; blue (the most commonly seen morning glories), saucers whose blooms are huge like... saucers and the double sunrise which are the colors of sunrise and double bloomed.
In the first place where I lived here in Canada there was no room for a garden but, I could get some window boxes perched precariously on the little porch by the front door. What I grew were mostly flowers. But the major ones were morning glories. I have a soft spot in my heart for them still. That's why I will probably grow them from now on.
The small seedlings you can see under the wet dome... those are some kind of veggie sprouting. I am not sure what yet as I didn't pull a tag to see. But, I will look to see what they are either today later or, tomorrow.
Little old me...
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (49)
- ► 2011 (198)
- Tomatoes and their companion plant, basil
- Surprise, surprise, surprise. I wrongl...
- Not sure how clear these pictures are. These ar...
- The Start of Something Big. Here they are so...
- Isn't it just beautiful? If you can't tell b...
- STARTING SEEDLINGS TODAY Today according to the O...
- Fencing the Yard This was done for privacy for o...
- ORANGE ZEST
- World War II Garden Poster
- A Poster for our Times
- Seedling Pots
- Cheap Seedling Pots Yesterday every moment I had ...
- ▼ March (15)