Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Happenings





The weekend was a busy one and went rushing on by.

With the freeze predicted for overnight had to get in the garden and cover those cold tender blueberries. I was all set with some special ag covers. This cover allows you to leave it on during the day. Which I will be doing for the next couple of days as there are overnight freezes predicted.

I got some cheap strawberries at the store and was able to can 8 pints of preserves. Are they yummy? You bet! Also got some cut up and put in the freezer for later use in smoothies or, over ice cream..... think hot summer days.

The first of the lilacs are in bloom. I couldn't resist going and clipping a couple of sprigs for the house. They smell so wonderful. Did you know you can make lilac jelly? I didn't. If you want a recipe for it... google it. There are plenty on the web.

Oh and that jungle picture.... those are tomatoes. They are getting so big and they need to be planted out. Soon! Come on weather, cooperate.

No comments:

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive