1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one
cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6
Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up
a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that
can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a
cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a
soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a
small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The
chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent
undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the
5 Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to
the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area
for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in
your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility
of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6.. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices
before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers
contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential
nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a
hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers
have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders
and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don't
have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the
shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only
looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and
rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don't have time for massage, facial or visit to the
spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the
chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber with react with the boiling water
and be released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has
been shown the reduce stress in new mothers and college students during
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don't have gum or mints?
Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your
tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemcials will kill
the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a 'green' way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless
steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean,
not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is
won't leave streaks and won't harm you fingers or fingernails while you
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and
slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and
markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!!(Sure wish I had this
information when my daughter was 3.)
Little old me...
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (60)
- ► 2012 (49)
- ► 2011 (198)
- 200 humans have been here....
- Garden Goodies Galore
- This Pretty Lil Birdie - Harley Beaner
- Just Wanted to Pass This Along
- Rain Barrel City
- And, If You Haven't Seen Enough Garden Pictures
- More Garden Pictures
- Okay these items in the garden that are in the b...
- The Prettiest Shrub
- What I Have Been Doing.... in the Garden
- Transplanting Tips
- Check out this site....
- Stanley's cup
- Weekend Happenings
- An Optical Illusion
- Another Day
- It's Only May
- Plants and More
- Seedling update 5/5/10
- Cinco de Mayo - May 5th
- The Merry Month of May
- ANOTHER'S THOUGHTS ON GARDENING
- MORE STUFF
- YESTERDAY'S WORK
- THANK YOU
- ▼ May (26)