- 2 pounds diced green tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 apples, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 small hot pepper, deseeded and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until everything is cooked and the mixture has thickened. Stir regularly to keep it from burning in the pan.
Pour the chutney into hot, sterilized jars leaving half an inch of headspace and heat-process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Makes about 4 cups.