Risotto with Squash and Pistachios
Cook: 45 min
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cups finely chopped red onion (1 lg)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cups Arborio rice
- 4 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 4 cups roasted butternut squash
- 1 oz soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cups unsalted, dry roasted, shelled, chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cups fresh mint, thinly sliced
1. Heat oil in large pan over medium heat and saute onion 10 minutes until soft. Sprinkle with sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and saute 3 minutes longer until browned.
2. Add water and vinegar to pan and saute until all liquid has evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in rice and cook 2 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup of the broth and stir constantly until broth is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Stir in squash and 2 1/2 cups broth and bring to a vigorous simmer, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
5. Stir in remaining 1 cup broth and cook until rice is soft, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted, 1 minute longer.
6. Remove from heat, mound onto serving plates, and sprinkle pistachios and mint over top.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 241.1 cal
Fat 7.5 g
Saturated fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 4.4 mg
Sodium 459 mg
Carbohydrates 39.1 g
Total sugars 6.5 g
Dietary fiber 4.3 g
Protein 7.3 g
Hope you enjoy!